Monday 6 August 2012

Don't be a wet blanket

I usually do not blog about my quiet time but this time I have this sudden urge to do so.

"Another time Jesus went into the synagogue, and a man with a shriveled hand was there. Some of them were looking for a reason to accuse Jesus, so they watched him closely to see if he would heal him on the Sabbath. Jesus said to the man with the shriveled hand, “Stand up in front of everyone.”Then Jesus asked them, “Which is lawful on the Sabbath: to do good or to do evil, to save life or to kill?” But they remained silent.He looked around at them in anger and, deeply distressed at their stubborn hearts, said to the man,“Stretch out your hand.” He stretched it out, and his hand was completely restored. Then the Pharisees went out and began to plot with the Herodians how they might kill Jesus." - Mark 3:1-6

Looking at that situation from every single character's own point of view, personally, I think I can relate most to the Pharisees. But this does not mean that I literally want to kill Jesus, or find fault in Him.

In our everyday lives, we as normal human beings would at least witness a random act of kindness from someone. Either we see it, or experience it. But what do we do? Usually, I would just watch. And if I have the mood, I would help out. That's not my point.

Like these Pharisees, I would be watching someone I do not really like closely to try my best to find fault in whoever whenever they are putting God's words into practise. Then I would budge in excitedly and correct them thinking that I am all knowing and awesome. But nooooo, I am not. In fact, they are the ones who are awesome. I mean look at them, they dare put God's words into practise and for someone to take that leap of faith and courage to do so, it's amazing. And what right do I have to try to find fault in them? I ought to stop being that wet blanket and dampen their faith. But instead be supportive of them and learn from them yeah yeah yeah? :)
G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment